© Commerce Is Digital, All rights reserved, 2022
Digital Commerce for YOUR Business
Become an Expert in B2C Ecommerce Implementation & Operations
Already registered? Get back to the course to continue learning.
Have a team to train? Request Group Training.
This unique course will give you an expert level understanding of the Digital Commerce domain and the skills required to define and implement a successful digital commerce roadmap for your business. The course is based on Digital Commerce Canvas and covers the main building blocks of any ecommerce project. It teaches you about the difference between B2C & B2B commerce, traditional and emerging digital channels, how to design your digital catalog, explore different pricing and merchandising strategies, and create a great customer experience.
● Evolution of Commerce ● From selling simple products to offering everything online ● The convergence of online and offline commerce ● Introduction to Digital Commerce Canvas Framework
● The course includes 37 exercises distributed across 11 sections ● Assignments help to make essential Ecommerce Implementation decisions ● Learners work in an interactive and collaborative way using a Miro board template or with a PDF
● Building Customer-centric Business ● Customer Accounts and Registration ● Collecting customer data to generate business insights ● Customer Segmentation ● Personalizing customer experience
● Online stores ● Social Media ● Conversational Commerce ● 3rd party marketplaces ● Digital Commerce in Physical World ( Brick and Mortar Stores, Interactive Product Displays, Smart Stores & Shopping Carts, Smart Vending Machines) ● Things Commerce (IoT)
● Physical Goods ● Services ● Catalog taxonomy ● Packaging and measurement units ● Main products and product variants ● Gift cards ● Subscription products ● Configurable Products ● Product Options
● Merchandising in Ecommerce ● Product relations (Up-sell, Cross-sell) ● Product Set ● Labeling ● Bundles ● Configurable Bundles ● Searchandising ● Dynamic Merchandising & Personalization
● Categories trees ● Search ●
Filters and facet navigation ● Digital Search in Physical Store ● Helping Customers to Choose the Right Product ● Product Comparison ● Product Discovery on the Web (SEO) ● Product discovery on mobile
● Regular and Sales prices ● Multiple currencies ● Net & Gross Prices ● Volume and Tiered Prices ● Subscription Prices ● Recurring prices ● Per-Usage prices ● Custom Prices for Configurable Products ● Price Management
● Cart-level Promotions ● Coupons, generation, and distribution ● Referral Programs ● Loyalty Programs ● Types of rewards ● Multiple Tiers ● Earning Points and keeping balance ● Redeeming Points as a Payment Method
● Add to Cart ● Cart Page ● Guest Cart ● Cart with Subscription Products ● Cart Validation and Calculation ● Recovering Abandoned Carts ● Wish Lists
● The most Common Checkout Mistakes ● Removing distractions ● Visually show the checkout process ● Guest checkouts ● Customer Registration ● Multi-page vs. one-page checkout ● Multiple shipping options ● Payment ● Order Confirmation ● Mobile Checkout
● Payment methods around the globe ● Credit Cards ● Bank Transfer ● Cash on Delivery ● Mobile Payments ● ApplePay ● Invoice ● Recurring Payments ● Payment in installments ● Split payment ● Gift card ●
Selecting Payment Methods ● Payment Method Availability ● Payment Providers ● Selecting Payment Provider
Order Management – Storefront
● Order Confirmation ● Encouraging Future Business ● My Orders ● Returns & Cancelations ● Reorder
Order Management – Backend
● Where to do Order Management (Ecommerce System vs. ERP vs. OMS ) ● Order Management Systems (OMS) ● Warehouse Management Systems ● Managing Returns and Reclamations ● Omnichannel Order Management ● Click & Collect ● Ship from Store ● Product pick-up points ● Order Fulfillment for Services
Price – €340
Learning time ~5 hours
Request Group Training for customized training for your team
Buy an Enterprise License to make the course available for all people in your organization and use it for employees’ onboarding
My name is Michael Vax, and I created this course and Digital Commerce Canvas framework to help businesses to plan and manage their digital initiatives. I am an Ecommerce industry veteran with 30 years of IT experience, including more than a decade as an executive leading the development of top enterprise Ecommerce platforms and helping customers to move their business online.
In the past, I was fortunate to work for such industry leaders as Hybris (SAP), Spryker, and Elasticpath. During these years, I helped many customers to develop innovative commerce solutions, and I am looking forward to sharing these experiences with you.
Most of the Ecommerce courses are focused on how to run an Ecommerce business, not on how to implement digital commerce systems using latest technology and best practices.
Yes, you will receive the Completion Certificate after completing the course and passing the final test
Yes, I'm happy to discuss your requirements to shape a customized Digital Commerce training format for your company. Get in touch using this form
You will learn the best digital commerce practices used across a variety of businesses and industries, as well as the newest trends in digital commerce. The structured and comprehensive approach will expand your knowledge and allow you to apply it to your project.
No, you don't need to be a developer to take the course, although familiarity with basic concepts is helpful
It is really up to you. While there are benefits in following the course structure, you can also focus on functionality that is the most important for your business at that moment and jump straight to it. For example, if you need to sell subscriptions, you can read about Subscription products in the Products section, about recurring and per usage prices in the Price sections, and how to handle recurring payments in the Payment section. The course comprises 11 sections, each section containing from 4 to 7 lessons with no lesson taking more than 5 minutes. It is easy to navigate.
No. The course will teach you the main building blocks and components of any digital commerce initiative and how they are used across different industries and businesses. In the course, you will see examples from B2C & B2B businesses, from retail and manufacturing, from travel and financial sectors, from grocery chains to SaaS companies.
Majority of topics covered in the course are important for both B2C and B2B companies. If you are looking for a deeper dive into B2B specific functionality, take the Digital Commerce for B2B course instead
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Fit learning Ecommerce into your busy schedule with Microlearning posts.
Subscribe to receive weekly updates.
Your data will never be shared with anyone else