Ecommerce Training for Business Leaders
Empowering Professionals in Every Facet of Digital Commerce
About the Course
Ecommerce, once a niche for online retailers, now drives every modern business. From selling products to delivering services, digital channels are the game-changer. This unique course will give you a thorough understanding of the Digital Commerce domain, business models, and the skills required to define and implement a successful eCommerce strategy for your business.
The customer journey is a mosaic of touchpoints, spanning discovery to retention. Unpack the complexity of online stores, social media, influencers, advertising, and the intricate dance of marketing in the digital age. You will learn best practices in building a successful eCommerce organization, different ways to structure the team, hire and train talent, and choose the right implementation partner.
For non-tech business people, the course demystifies eCommerce tech—platforms, content management, and beyond. It explores how AI will change customer engagement, optimize backend operations, and unlock new channels for product discovery.
Who is the Training for
Tailored eCommerce Learning for Business Leaders, Marketers, Managers, and Sales Professionals.
Whether you’re shaping business strategies, orchestrating marketing campaigns, managing teams, or driving sales, this is your gateway to mastering the dynamics of eCommerce in the digital age.
All Commerce is Digital
Ecommerce has evolved from a niche industry for online retailers to a cornerstone of every modern business. Any product or service, physical or digital, simple or complex, in any industry and business model, can be sold through digital channels. Customer journeys can start and finish in a digital channel or rely on digital tools for some parts when salespeople’s expertise is required.
Ecommerce Business Models
It’s important to choose the right eCommerce model for your needs.
● B2C (Business-to-consumer) ● B2B (Business-to-business) ● B2B2C (Business-to-business-to-consumer) ● D2C (Direct-to-consumer) ● Selling on 3rd party Marketplaces.
Multiple touchpoints happen during the Discovery, Consideration, Purchase, Order Completion, and Retention phases of the eCommerce customer experience.
● Online stores ● Social media ● Online influencers ● Advertising ● Sales pages ● Customer Registration ● Shopping carts ● Checkout process ● Chat ● Fulfillment ● Surveys ● Email follow-up ● Customer service
Marketing in the Digital Age
Digital marketing is a modern, data-driven approach to marketing that leverages technology and digital platforms to reach customers.
● Always on experience ● SEO ● Paid advertising ● Influencer marketing campaigns ● Social media ● Customer education ● Guided product discovery ● Personalization ● Content marketing programs ● Email subscriptions and campaigns ● Loyalty programs ● Shopping clubs ● Online chat engagements ● Abandoned carts recovery.
Omnichannel & Universal Commerce
Omnichannel isn’t just a buzzword; it’s a strategy. Learn how to integrate multiple channels to create a seamless, consistent, and unified shopping experience supported at every touchpoint by intelligent data to meet customer preferences and needs.
● Unified view of shopper interactions ● Buy / Deliver / Pickup / Return Anywhere ● Consistent Brand Experience ● Connecting backend systems with customer-facing channels
Building a Winning eCommerce Organization
Perfecting the technology is not enough in digital transformation; in fact, the organizational challenges can often be as great, if not greater, than the technical ones. Defining business objectives and building an eCommerce organization that aligns with those goals.
● Types of Org. Structures for Ecommerce Company ● Building a Team for Enterprise Ecommerce Success ● Hiring In-House Talent vs. Contract Freelancers ● Developing Digital Skills & Training ● Positions and Roles ● Selecting an Implementation Agency
Introduction to Ecommerce Technology for Non-technical People
Clarifying eCommerce vendors’ technical jargon and defining systems required for eCommerce Implementation.
● eCommerce platform ● Product Information Management ● Content Management Systems ● Order Management Systems ● Warehouse Management ● ERP ● Marketing Automation ● Searchandising & Merchandising Engines ● Customer Support tools, and others
Applying AI in Ecommerce
Artificial intelligence is a catalyst for innovation that opens incredible opportunities to online businesses. Understand and utilize AI’s transformative potential to enhance and revolutionize your business.
● New ways to reach and engage with customers ● Revolutionize customer experience ● Increase productivity and efficiency of backend operations ● New channels for Product Discovery
Request training for your business
Created by Ecommerce Expert
My name is Michael Vax, and I created this course to help businesses to plan and manage their digital initiatives. I am an Ecommerce industry veteran with 30 years of IT experience, including more than a decade as an executive leading the development of top enterprise Ecommerce platforms and helping customers to move their business online working for such industry leaders as Hybris (SAP), Spryker, and Elasticpath.
That experience gave me a unique insider view of how Ecommerce has evolved from a niche industry for online retailers to a cornerstone of every modern business. Over these years, I had opportunities to develop eCommerce solutions catering to various industries, encompassing retail, manufacturing, grocery stores, restaurants, telecommunications, finance, travel, and direct-to-consumer businesses.
Having worked closely with many clients, I realized that in many organizations, the success of digital initiatives is hindered by the lack of eCommerce proficiency and knowledge. To address this challenge in 2019, I founded CommerceIsDigital with a clear goal to create comprehensive training programs tailored to professionals implementing B2C and B2B eCommerce initiatives, effectively addressing this pressing skill gap.
These programs helped hundreds of professionals to become experts in digital commerce.
I am a regular speaker on podcasts and industry events and write extensively on eCommerce best practices and the application of artificial intelligence in eCommerce.