B2B Ecommerce Training for Business Leaders
Empowering Professionals in Every Facet of B2B Digital Commerce
About the Course
To succeed in B2B Ecommerce implementation, it’s essential to have a strong understanding of eCommerce and its fundamentals. This course empowers you with digital commerce skills, knowledge of best B2B practices, and approaches to marketing and selling products or services online to other businesses. It teaches how to create a customer experience optimized for productivity that supports online sales of complex products and services.
You will learn the best approaches to building a successful eCommerce organization, different ways to structure the team, hire and train talent, and choose the right agency.
For non-technical business people, the course demystifies eCommerce tech—platforms, content management, and beyond and explores how AI will change customer engagement, optimize backend operations, and unlock new channels for product discovery.
Who is the Training for
Tailored B2B eCommerce Learning for Business Leaders, Marketers, Managers, and Sales Professionals.
Whether you’re shaping business strategies, orchestrating marketing campaigns, managing teams, or driving sales, this is your gateway to mastering the dynamics of B2B eCommerce in the digital age.
All Commerce is Digital
Ecommerce has evolved from a niche industry for online retailers to a cornerstone of every modern business. Any product or service, physical or digital, simple or complex, in any industry and business model, can be sold through digital channels. Customer journeys can start and finish in a digital channel or rely on digital tools for some parts when salespeople’s expertise is required.
How B2B eCommerce is Different from B2C
● Different types of B2B eCommerce ● Experience Optimized for Productivity ● Complex Products & Pricing ● Collaborative buying decisions ● B2B Payment methods ● Pre-negotiated contracts
● B2B Customer is a business, not an individual ● Defining organization structure, user roles, and permissions ● B2B Buyers Personas ● Customer Registration and Authentication. ● Creating customer-centric business ● Customer segmentation in B2B ● Customer data and personalization
Multiple touchpoints happen during the Discovery, Consideration, Purchase, Order Completion, and Retention phases of the eCommerce customer experience.
● Online stores ● Social media ● Sales team ● Advertising ● Sales pages ● Customer Registration ● Shopping carts ● Checkout process ● Chat ● Fulfillment ● Surveys ● Email follow-up ● Customer service
B2B Marketing in the Digital Age
Digital marketing is a modern, data-driven approach to marketing that leverages technology and digital platforms to reach customers.
● Always on experience ● SEO ● Paid advertising ● Social media ● Customer education ● Guided product discovery ● Personalization ● Content marketing programs ● Email subscriptions and campaigns ● Loyalty programs ● Online chat engagements ● Abandoned carts recovery.
Omnichannel in B2B
Omnichannel isn’t just a buzzword; it’s a strategy. Learn how to integrate multiple channels to create a seamless, consistent, and unified shopping experience supported at every touchpoint to meet customer preferences and needs.
● Inhouse sales force and Ecommerce ● Distributors & resellers ● Punch-out ● EDI ● Addressing channel conflict ● Unified view of shopper interactions ● Consistent Brand Experience ● Connecting backend systems with customer-facing channels
Building a Winning eCommerce Organization
Perfecting the technology is not enough in digital transformation; in fact, the organizational challenges can often be as great, if not greater, than the technical ones. Defining business objectives and building an eCommerce organization that aligns with those goals.
● Types of Org. Structures for Ecommerce Company ● Building a Team for Enterprise Ecommerce Success ● Hiring In-House Talent vs. Contract Freelancers ● Developing Digital Skills & Training ● Positions and Roles ● Selecting an Implementation Agency
Introduction to Ecommerce Technology for Non-technical People
Clarifying eCommerce vendors’ technical jargon and defining systems required for eCommerce Implementation.
● eCommerce platform ● Product Information Management ● Content Management Systems ● Order Management Systems ● Warehouse Management ● ERP ● Marketing Automation ● Searchandising & Merchandising Engines ● Customer Support tools, and others
Applying AI in Ecommerce
Artificial intelligence is a catalyst for innovation that opens incredible opportunities to online businesses. Understand and utilize AI’s transformative potential to enhance and revolutionize your business.
● New ways to reach and engage with customers ● Revolutionize customer experience ● Increase productivity and efficiency of backend operations ● New channels for Product Discovery
Request training for your business
Created by Ecommerce Expert
My name is Michael Vax, and I created this course to help businesses to plan and manage their digital initiatives. I am an Ecommerce industry veteran with 30 years of IT experience, including more than a decade as an executive leading the development of top enterprise Ecommerce platforms and helping customers to move their business online working for such industry leaders as Hybris (SAP), Spryker, and Elasticpath.
That experience gave me a unique insider view of how Ecommerce has evolved from a niche industry for online retailers to a cornerstone of every modern business. Over these years, I had opportunities to develop eCommerce solutions catering to various industries, encompassing retail, manufacturing, grocery stores, restaurants, telecommunications, finance, travel, and direct-to-consumer businesses.
Having worked closely with many clients, I realized that in many organizations, the success of digital initiatives is hindered by the lack of eCommerce proficiency and knowledge. To address this challenge in 2019, I founded CommerceIsDigital with a clear goal to create comprehensive training programs tailored to professionals implementing B2C and B2B eCommerce initiatives, effectively addressing this pressing skill gap.
These programs helped hundreds of professionals to become experts in digital commerce.
I am a regular speaker on podcasts and industry events and write extensively on eCommerce best practices and the application of artificial intelligence in eCommerce.